Since 1999, Compassion Coalition has taken an innovative approach in making a concerted effort to work with the local agencies as a hub of resources. Compassion Coalition understood early in its history that the need is greater than any one agency. Furthermore, Compassion believes that its greatest resource is not the building or the products it receives but it is the Community Partner agencies who work diligently in the local community. It is the philosophy of Compassion to not compete with local community agencies but to complement and help them.
Benefits For Local Agencies Joining Compassion Coalition’s Community Partnership.
- Low cost for food products.
- Avoiding service redundancy.
- Access to products not available through government assistance.
- Flexible and fluid programs based on current community client needs not on multi-year locked-in programs.
- Agency monetary resources have a greater impact because products are substantially lower.
- Less waste with products. Product availability is based on need not a locked-in commitment.
- Product distribution and reception costs are offset by co-op volunteering.
- Monetary resource pre-planning. Know what you will be spending at your pickups.